Welcome to this dream morning course.
How to use this course
Check out the audio (or the transcript if you prefer) for a welcome from me, and some ideas about how to get the most out of the course.
Lesson outline with estimated durations
To help you think about how you want to approach this course, here are all the lessons with rough time estimates:
Lesson 1: Welcome [15 mins]
Section 1: Learn, dream
- Lesson 2: A morning manifesto [20 minutes: 20:29 audio]
- Lesson 3: How to assess your actual morning [45 minutes plus tracking: 2:41 audio + realtime tracking task + 40ish minutes for activities]
- Lesson 4: How to leave reality behind and dream big [60 minutes: 9:25 audio + 50ish minutes for activities]
Section 2: Try out
- Lesson 5: How to have breakfast [40 minutes: 7:27 audio + 30ish activities]
- Lesson 6: Getting in the mood [45 minutes: 31:00 wake-up movement/stretching, 15:00 guided meditation]
Section 3: Design
- Lesson 7: How to design your morning [45 minutes: 22:59 audio + 30ish minutes for activities]
- Lesson 8: Top tips [10 minutes: 8:07 audio]
- Lesson 9: Your viable morning blueprint [45 minutes: activities only]
Section 4: Do
- Lesson 10: Track, review, finetune, iterate [30 minutes: 2:50 audio + realtime tracking task + 25ish minutes for activities]
Section 5: Open out, wrap up
- Lesson 11: Bringing the ultimate dream closer [65 minutes: 6:24 audio + 60ish minutes for activities]
- Lesson 12: Wrapping up and optional post-course check-in [30 minutes]
In total this should all take you about 12 hours plus the time you give to experimenting with your morning.
Or, if you can’t quite face or for some other reason don’t want to commit upfront to completing all the lessons, you can do a stripped-down version of the course, consisting of just the following four lessons:
- [Why to care] A morning manifesto
- [Design guidance] How to design your morning
- [Your design] Your viable morning blueprint
- [Assessing how you got on] Track, review, finetune, iterate
Visit this page to complete the survey before you get started on the rest of the course. All your data will be stored securely and treated confidentially.
Before you go any further…
As I suggested in the audio for this first lesson, I strongly recommend that before you do anything else (including closing this tab and forgetting about this course for the rest of the day/week!), you download the PDF workbook if you haven’t already, and answer the 2 simple starter questions—what you’re going to do first, course-wise, and why—and then get the relevant slot in your calendar. This is you doing your future self a tiny but also enormous favour!
Each lesson includes a couple of journaling prompts to help you try out a reflective writing habit (if you’re not already journaling regularly) and gear it towards your redesign work. You should dedicate a notebook to these, or else an e-document on your computer, tablet, or phone. Begin by noting the date and time, and by writing out the prompt you’re starting from. Ideally give it 10-20 minutes each time, but if you think you’re more likely to do it if you only take 5-10, that’s fine too. However long you choose, to start with it can be nice to set a timer so you know the time is marked off and you don’t need to think about when to stop.
These start in the next lesson, and are designed as low-cost ways to get some interesting changes happening. Check out the audio/transcript for this lesson for more details on the first one. For the subsequent challenges, you can make planning/reflection notes on them in your journaling notebook or document.
Making a habit of looking and seeing
From Lesson 3 onwards, you’re invited to note down one thing you notice about your morning, every day (whether you’re doing course work that day or not), and then also one thing this observation might contribute to your dream-morning design and implementation. The instructions are on the Lesson 3 course page, and on each course page from then on I’ll give you a little reminder to do this, to help you build the daily habit. This is good to do in the same journal notebook or e-document you use for the journaling and quick wins.
If you’d like some 1-1 input from me before, during, or after the course, you can book this at any time. The dream-morning mini coaching package consists of a 30-minute Zoom call followed by an email summary of what we covered and the plans we agreed on.
The standard cost for a 30-minute call plus summary email is USD 120 / GBP 100 / EUR 115. This is reduced to $90 / £75 / €85 for course participants.
You can choose your day and time via Calendly, and once you’ve booked I’ll send you a payment request.